We adhere to the NZ Privacy Act
When you submit your information to us via our contact forms your details are emailed to us and are used for the purposes disclosed in the contact form.
If you are purchasing from us or contracting us for work your contact details may be recorded in the e-commerce system (where applicable), it may also be entered into our accounting system for the purpose of accounting and any related processes.
You may also request an export of all the data we hold on your account (while adhering to the Privacy Act requirements) and you may also request that your details be removed from our current records. (However your data may remain in backup files until they are expunged.)
If you create an account you can maintain the personal details held via the My Account page.
Know your Rights, Visit the Office of the Privacy Commissioner
- Shopping Related cookes – see below.
- Site Session related cookies to identify your current connection
Anti Spambot Measures
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What we collect and store for checkout purposes
While you visit our online store (shop) , we will track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we will ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details (via Payment Providers) and optional account information like username and password. We use this information in order to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have
- Confirm your address in order to calculate if GST is applicable
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Whom has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Site Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share some information with third parties after your order is completed, this information is used for the sole purpose of shipping to your address supplied in order to arrange delivery of your items.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.